I don’t know about you but we have a ton of zucchini right now. I absolutely love vegetables and I am always looking for simple ways to use my garden veggies. I came across this recipe on Pinterest which I made tonight. Excellent!
I used canned corn and green zucchini squash and it was still great. I did use fresh parsley and added chives, both from my garden.
- 2 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place corn into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and cool corn. Cut corn off the cobs.
- Place squash into a skillet and add water. Cook squash over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain any excess water from skillet.
- Stir corn, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper into squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
What is your favorite way to use up extra zucchini?