In Bloom was one of the books on my Christmas wish list that I received from my mom. Published in 2016, In Bloom, Creating and Living with Flowers by Ngoc Minh Jgo features artists, designers and decorators who incorporate flowers in their work. This was the follow up to her book Bringing Nature Home.
It features the eleven artists listed below. I’ve linked the ones I could find.
- Sarah Ryhanen, Brooklyn & Esperance, New York
- Livia Cetti, Bronx, New York
- Miranda Brooks, Brooklyn & Long Island, New York
- Rachel Dein, London United Kingdom
- Umberto Pasti, Tangier & Rohuna, Morocco
- Claire Basler, Echassiers, France
- Carmen Almon, Bordeaux & Payrac, France
- Oberto Gili – Bra, Italy
- Frances Palmer, Weston, Connecticut
- Martyn Thompson & Dove Drury Hornbuckle, New York, New York
- Neisha Crosland, London, United Kingdom
Every page is beyond gorgeous, but I especially liked the section featuring Sarah Ryhanen, at Saipua – Flowers & Farm. I found a blog about Erin Benzakein’s (from Floret) visit to Saipua here. Along with the feature on Carmen Almon, her work with metal and enamel paint is truly unbelievable.
The other books on my Christmas list that I received were:
- Clematis by Linda Beutler
- Growing the Midwest Garden by By Edward Lyon
- Hellebores By Colston Burrell and Judith Knott Tyler
- In Bloom by Ngoc Minh Jgo
- Foraged Flora by Louesa Roebuck and Sarah Lonsdale
I haven’t had time to dig into all of them yet but thought I would share in case any of you are interested in them as well. Enjoy!