We have been making some fruity mixed drinks to cool off in the heat of the summer. We’ve been hooked on two particular recipes for a year now that I’m going to share here on the blog. They are both quite refreshing after a long day of doing yard work or gardening!
The first drink is a Pineapple Rum Agua Fresca that makes around six servings. We use fresh mint from the garden both in the drink and as a garnish. I hope you like this as much as we do!
Pineapple Rum Agua Fresca
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (about half of one large pineapple
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 cup chilled club soda
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Place 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow dish. Wet rims of glasses in a second shallow bowl and then dip rims in sugar.
- Combine pineapple, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, lime juice, rum, club soda and chopped mint in a blender; blend 30 seconds to 1 min. or until mixture is frothy.
- Serve in prepared glasses over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs.
It is such a wonderfully refreshing cold drink! The chickens wanted my mint!